Hits

Sunday, November 6, 2011

First Day on the Job

Whew!

So even though my stomach adamantly disagreed, I figured I better get started on my dress.

The instructions recommended making a fitting toile out of muslin prior to cutting the actual bodice fabric.  Thank goodness I did!  Turns out that the pattern runs REALLY small.  I made a second toile that fit much better.  My nerves were getting to me, but I went ahead and cut the bodice fabric.

Though complicated, the steps have been pretty clear.  I knew it was time to take a break when I realized that the inset I had sewn onto the bodice was too high for my taste (meaning I was going to have to seam rip it so I could lower it) AND I sewed the interfacing to the incorrect side of one of the bodice pieces (more seam ripping).

Eh, c'est la vie.

Best part?  It's going WAY faster than I thought.  Once I fix the parts I just mentioned and attach the other bodice piece, the bodice is basically finished!  Only took about 3 hours.

That leaves:
- Skirt and two overskirts
- Sash
- RJs shirt
- RJs three-piece suit

38 days to go....

No comments:

Post a Comment